Interlegal experts arrested the import container cargo
Well-coordinated and prompt teamwork of Interlegal lawyers resulted in arrest of the import container cargo delivered to Ukraine in the framework of foreign economic contract performance.
The special aspect of the case was the fact that the Client, as the Buyer, made a full prepayment of the goods upon the completion of loading of the goods on board of the vessel. The prepayment was made against the copy of straight (non-negotiable) Bill of Lading.
In return, the Seller, in breach of the fixed agreement, upon receipt of full payment, refused to serve the original set of Bills of Lading to the Buyer. The Seller required full prepayment for the next lot of goods. In addition, the Seller intended, upon arrival of the cargo to Ukraine, to instruct the line carrier to return the paid cargo back to the loading port.
In order to defend lawful rights and interests of the Client as nominee consignee under the straight (non-negotiable) Bill of Lading, Interlegal experts organized arrest of the delivered container cargo, preventing thereby the risks of cargo return out of Ukraine, in compliance with unlawful instructions of the Seller as the consignor.
Read related article:
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more
- Interlegal yachting lawyers supported insurance event upon recovery of 60,000 EUR2020.06.25
Interlegal regular client declared on insurance event concerning tender insured by our partners – Marine Services Group at one of the larges...show more
- Interlegal facilitated defense of freight forwarder’s interests against container line2020.06.22
Freight forwarder applied to Interlegal due to cargo damage that occurred during carriage by sea. Freight forwarder, on behalf of its cli...show more
- Interlegal settled the dispute upon non-payment for the goods by large Chinese importer2020.06.18
Interlegal succeeded in pretrial dispute settlement. The Client, engaged in pine timber export to China, applied for defense of its rights a...show more
- Interlegal lawyers supported 4 deals in fleet sale & purchase2020.06.17
Pandemic is not an obstacle for vessel sale & purchase! Despite COVID-19 epidemic and quarantine restrictions, spring 2020 was full of d...show more
- Interlegal is still representing Odessa in Best Lawyers rating2020.06.12
Interlegal partners Arthur Nitsevych and Artem Skorobogatov confirmed their positions in four nominations of the popular rating Best Lawyers...show more
- Interlegal succeeded in closing ten loans2020.06.10
The Client filed a request to Interlegal upon legal assistance in support of closing ten loans. Interlegal team had two tasks: 1. To min...show more
- Work flow chart upon declaration of dividends2020.06.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon tax issue. As the Ukrainian citizen and resident, the Client received dividends from the foreign compa...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon applying the instrument of agrarian receipts2020.05.20
The Client – large foreign investment fund filed a request to Interlegal regarding mechanisms upon securing fulfillment of the Debtor’s obli...show more
- Interlegal drafted new combined service agreement on cargo handling2020.05.18
The Client – large Ukrainian sea port operator engaged, in particular, in rendering services of export & import operations, as well as l...show more