Interlegal lawyers consulted the Client and the Bank regarding application of thin capitalization rules
The client filed a request to Interlegal concerning bank issues. A foreign bank maintaining the Client’s corporate account demanded for explanations upon application of thin capitalization rules in Ukraine with regards to foreign loan transactions.
In order to keep its account active for transactions, the Client needed legal advice and explanations to the bank.
Having drafted such legal advice, Interlegal corporate lawyers analyzed accounting and legal aspects of this issue. Thin capitalization rules may be expressed both verbally and under the special formula. A keystone was the following: whether it is necessary to increase the Ukrainian company’s financial result due to obtaining loan from non-resident?
In a nutshell, we note that the bank’s concern of thin capitalization shows changes in approach for servicing clients. Today banks commence understanding activities of their clients, studying tax legislation specifics and asking questions.
Interlegal lawyers provided necessary explanations to the bank and assisted the Client in cooperation with bank.
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more
- Interlegal yachting lawyers supported insurance event upon recovery of 60,000 EUR2020.06.25
Interlegal regular client declared on insurance event concerning tender insured by our partners – Marine Services Group at one of the larges...show more
- Interlegal facilitated defense of freight forwarder’s interests against container line2020.06.22
Freight forwarder applied to Interlegal due to cargo damage that occurred during carriage by sea. Freight forwarder, on behalf of its cli...show more
- Interlegal settled the dispute upon non-payment for the goods by large Chinese importer2020.06.18
Interlegal succeeded in pretrial dispute settlement. The Client, engaged in pine timber export to China, applied for defense of its rights a...show more
- Interlegal lawyers supported 4 deals in fleet sale & purchase2020.06.17
Pandemic is not an obstacle for vessel sale & purchase! Despite COVID-19 epidemic and quarantine restrictions, spring 2020 was full of d...show more
- Interlegal is still representing Odessa in Best Lawyers rating2020.06.12
Interlegal partners Arthur Nitsevych and Artem Skorobogatov confirmed their positions in four nominations of the popular rating Best Lawyers...show more
- Interlegal succeeded in closing ten loans2020.06.10
The Client filed a request to Interlegal upon legal assistance in support of closing ten loans. Interlegal team had two tasks: 1. To min...show more
- Work flow chart upon declaration of dividends2020.06.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon tax issue. As the Ukrainian citizen and resident, the Client received dividends from the foreign compa...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon applying the instrument of agrarian receipts2020.05.20
The Client – large foreign investment fund filed a request to Interlegal regarding mechanisms upon securing fulfillment of the Debtor’s obli...show more
- Interlegal drafted new combined service agreement on cargo handling2020.05.18
The Client – large Ukrainian sea port operator engaged, in particular, in rendering services of export & import operations, as well as l...show more