Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon income taxation
The client applied to Interlegal upon explaining procedure of taxation on income received by non-resident under the Agreement on arranging transportation. This project highlights old issues of repatriation tax and freight tax.
Interlegal tasks were the following:
1) to analyze the current legislation and today practice (at tax authorities and courts) upon the following issues: taxation subject, procedure and rates in respect of repatriation tax; specifications of freight tax accrual; grounds for release of taxation under the Double Taxation Treaty.
2) to grant recommendations for the client upon selecting the best tax rate and drafting the certifying documents for submission to tax authorities.
Since the non-resident company is registered in accordance with legislation of Cyprus, the consulting also clarifies the issue of applying the Convention between Cyprus and Ukraine, with regards to scheduled modifications in the law, namely ratification of the Multilateral Convention on taking measures related to tax agreements in order to prevent erosion of tax base and profit withdrawal from taxation (MLI – multilateral instrument).
Court practice analysis showed that the problem of freight tax is an eternal issue and was interpreted differently at different times by courts and tax authorities. However, a fair decision is being formed now: there is no tax on income received by non-resident under similar agreements.
Interlegal junior lawyer Viktoria Yankovskaya, associate attorney Marta Sverdlykivska, managed by partner Irina Voyevodina, led the case.
- Interlegal lawyers recognized the German court decision at Darnitskiy District Court in Kiev2020.01.15
A foreign transport company filed a request to Interlegal on recognition of the German court decision in their favour. The Debtor – Ukrai...show more
- Interlegal Ukrainian and Romanian offices completed successfully the2019.12.18
Previously, the Client – leading insurance company specialized in risk insurance during cargo transportation applied to Interlegal for damag...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon income taxation2019.12.17
The client applied to Interlegal upon explaining procedure of taxation on income received by non-resident under the Agreement on arranging t...show more
- Interlegal, jointly with Georgian office, drafted legal opinion upon lawfulness of customs office actions2019.11.29
The Client, Georgian freight forwarder, applied to Interlegal upon analyzing lawfulness of customs office and customs warehouse actions aime...show more
- Interlegal lawyers drafted for the Client agreement on yacht charter management2019.11.28
A client filed a request to Interlegal upon documentation required for yacht chartering. The Client planned to conclude agreement on yacht c...show more
- Interlegal lawyers defended interests of German transport companies in three court proceedings simultaneously2019.11.13
Interlegal lawyers applied to Kozelets District Court in Chernigov Region on recognizing several German court decisions on damage and intere...show more
- Interlegal consulted IT-company upon specifications for applying NDA in Ukraine2019.11.06
A foreign company engaged in AI, Big Data, IoT, software installation and maintenance, applied to Interlegal. The company planned to expand...show more
- Interlegal lawyers won the LCIA Arbitration case amounting to 660 thousand USD2019.11.06
The Ukrainian grain supplier engaged in large-scale international business applied to Interlegal for debt recovery from the Buyer (British C...show more
- Interlegal acted as creditor’s legal adviser in the dispute against PJSC “Ukrzaliznytsia”2019.10.31
Interlegal lawyers facilitated evidence base aimed to confirm the large transport and forwarding company’s claims against PJSC “Ukrzaliznyts...show more
- Interlegal won one more case in favour of thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH2019.10.28
Interlegal applied to Kramatorsk City Court in Donetsk Region on recognizing ICAC at the UCCI Award on debt recovery from the Ukrainian comp...show more