Interlegal lawyers returned 80,000 USD under the Charter Party
The Client and the Shipowner concluded the Charter Party in 2017.
Having received by email the Offer, stating that commencement of cooperation between the Parties requires for advance payment under the Charter Party amounting to 80,000 USD, the Client made advance payment.
Further the Shipowner evade performance of the Charter Party with reference to financial difficulties, problems with customs office, port agents, non-performance of formalities regarding the Vessel, followed by cancelling the Charter Party.
But the Client’s advance payment still remained non-returned, keeping no contact with the Client.
Having analyzed the provided documents, Interlegal lawyers stated the following:
- having concluded the Charter Party and requesting for 80,000 USD, the Shipowner knew that the Vessel cannot be used for performance of the Charter Party;
- the Shipowners committed actions beyond its civil obligations;
- the Shipowners committed actions with elements of criminal offense.
Interlegal lawyers drafted and filled the application on crime commitment, having provided to the pretrial investigation body all the evidence serving as grounds for initiating criminal proceedings.
Due to initiating numerous investigative actions aimed at obtaining evidence on the merits, the Client had advance payment amounting to 80,000 USD returned.
- Ship arrest preserved: the Debtor paid due amount2020.08.05
On March 24, 2020, we wrote that Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel flying under foreign flag, in Kherson Sea Port water area, followed...show more
- Maritime claim as grounds for amicable settlement2020.08.04
The Client – large Ukrainian stevedoring company applied to Interlegal for reimbursement of damages caused by the vessel in the process of c...show more
- Interlegal expands its presence in the annual research Ukrainian Law Firms2020.07.29
Interlegal law firm expands its presence in the annual research Ukrainian Law Firms 2020. A Handbook for Foreign Clients. Apart...show more
- Interlegal team helped the Charterer to charge losses upon cargo shortage2020.07.29
The Charterer applied to Interlegal upon the trade contract, based on cargo shortage at the discharge port and the Buyer’s failure to pay co...show more
- Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel in Turkey for debt recovery2020.07.23
This February, we wrote that Interlegal won LMAA arbitration case amounting to 460 thousand USD. In addition, our law team facilitated issui...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in legal support of recognizing arbitration award in Ukraine2020.07.21
Interlegal lawyers defended interests of the foreign food manufacturer in Ukraine and supported recognition of ICAC at the UCCI award, previ...show more
- VAT recovery: what should we do in case of tax service rejection?2020.07.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon VAT recovery. In the process of tax inspection, control body issued the Act on rejection of VAT recove...show more
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more
- Interlegal yachting lawyers supported insurance event upon recovery of 60,000 EUR2020.06.25
Interlegal regular client declared on insurance event concerning tender insured by our partners – Marine Services Group at one of the larges...show more
- Interlegal facilitated defense of freight forwarder’s interests against container line2020.06.22
Freight forwarder applied to Interlegal due to cargo damage that occurred during carriage by sea. Freight forwarder, on behalf of its cli...show more