Interlegal successfully settled the dispute related to transportation of liquefied gas
Interlegal successfully settled the dispute between the owners and charterers of tanker, which was chartered for the carriage of liquefied gas from the port of Temryuk, Russia, to Romania.
Interlegal was representing interests of the charterer. The dispute arose due to demurrage of the vessel and impossibility of its docking for loading as resulted by decrease of port waters level to less than 5 m.
In addition, the approach to the berth was blocked by LNG Charlton with 4000 tons of gas on the board, which has run aground through the storm.
The dispute almost became deadlocked as far as there were differences in the interpretation of Asbatankvoy pro forma provisions, as well as in applying Conoco Weather Clause and General Exception Clause along with effect of the 6th Article and the facts of the case.
Through the dispute resolution Interlegal specialists have managed to bring the parties to mutual understanding and settle the dispute commercially, thus avoiding additional costs for both sides.
Associated partner of Interlegal Natalya Myroshnychenko and senior lawyer Dmitriy Zagorodnyuk worked on the case.
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more
- Interlegal yachting lawyers supported insurance event upon recovery of 60,000 EUR2020.06.25
Interlegal regular client declared on insurance event concerning tender insured by our partners – Marine Services Group at one of the larges...show more
- Interlegal facilitated defense of freight forwarder’s interests against container line2020.06.22
Freight forwarder applied to Interlegal due to cargo damage that occurred during carriage by sea. Freight forwarder, on behalf of its cli...show more
- Interlegal settled the dispute upon non-payment for the goods by large Chinese importer2020.06.18
Interlegal succeeded in pretrial dispute settlement. The Client, engaged in pine timber export to China, applied for defense of its rights a...show more
- Interlegal lawyers supported 4 deals in fleet sale & purchase2020.06.17
Pandemic is not an obstacle for vessel sale & purchase! Despite COVID-19 epidemic and quarantine restrictions, spring 2020 was full of d...show more
- Interlegal is still representing Odessa in Best Lawyers rating2020.06.12
Interlegal partners Arthur Nitsevych and Artem Skorobogatov confirmed their positions in four nominations of the popular rating Best Lawyers...show more
- Interlegal succeeded in closing ten loans2020.06.10
The Client filed a request to Interlegal upon legal assistance in support of closing ten loans. Interlegal team had two tasks: 1. To min...show more
- Work flow chart upon declaration of dividends2020.06.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon tax issue. As the Ukrainian citizen and resident, the Client received dividends from the foreign compa...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon applying the instrument of agrarian receipts2020.05.20
The Client – large foreign investment fund filed a request to Interlegal regarding mechanisms upon securing fulfillment of the Debtor’s obli...show more
- Interlegal drafted new combined service agreement on cargo handling2020.05.18
The Client – large Ukrainian sea port operator engaged, in particular, in rendering services of export & import operations, as well as l...show more