Settlement of the dispute. Elimination of the vessel arrest threat.
Interlegal has successfully settled the dispute between the seller, the buyer and the ship owner during sunflower oil sea transportation on almost $ 2 000 000. After the advance payment the sunflower oil lot was loaded on board of the vessel and sent at the initial buyer’s address.
defended the interests of the Swiss trade company specialized in sunflower oil export from Ukraine. The transaction problems arose when the initial buyer failed to pay cargo cost to the full extent within the contract term. In order to avoid significant financial losses the sellers decided to declare buyers’ default, to cancel the sale and purchase contract and to sell the cargo to another buyer. For that purpose the vessel was bound to another port.
The initial buyer in its turn considered that the default was declared illegally and claimed for the sunflower oil supply at its address with the threat to arrest the vessel chartered by the seller.
On defending the seller’s interests lawyers of Interlegal could persuade the conflict parties in unlawfulness of vessel arrest. Then the buyer objected its claims, the cargo was successfully delivered to the second buyer and the vessel left the port.
The Client of Interlegal evaluated the work, ‘We thank you for invaluable help in this matter’.
Mr. Dmitriy Zagorodnyuk, the lawyer of Interlegal, settled the claim under the general control of Mr. Artem Skorobogatov, the associate partner.
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town C...show more
- Interlegal defended world freight forwarder`s interests in court, allowing no damages recover totaling up to UAH 15 million2020.09.01
Interlegal got a request from a Client, one of the world's largest forwarders, to protect his interests in enforcement proceedings to recove...show more
- Group of companies: structuring as a holding company2020.08.17
The client – large foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal upon corporate issues regarding Liberian companies acting as nominal shipowners....show more
- Interlegal lawyers refunded costs for a cancelled travel2020.08.11
A Client apply to Interlegal for refund of costs on travel to exotic country – naturally being cancelled due to closing borders and cancelli...show more
- Yacht Charter Parties 2020: what to stipulate in autumn?2020.08.06
In the framework of regular services for one of our Client’s commercial yachts, Interlegal supported conclusion of Charter Parties in autumn...show more
- Ship arrest preserved: the Debtor paid due amount2020.08.05
On March 24, 2020, we wrote that Interlegal lawyers arrested the vessel flying under foreign flag, in Kherson Sea Port water area, followed...show more
- Ship arrest as operating mechanism for debt recovery2020.08.10
The Client – large foreign bunkering company applied to Interlegal for debt recovery from the Shipowner for bunker supply. Interlegal law...show more
- Maritime claim as grounds for amicable settlement2020.08.04
The Client – large Ukrainian stevedoring company applied to Interlegal for reimbursement of damages caused by the vessel in the process of c...show more