Settlement of the dispute. Elimination of the vessel arrest threat.
Interlegal has successfully settled the dispute between the seller, the buyer and the ship owner during sunflower oil sea transportation on almost $ 2 000 000. After the advance payment the sunflower oil lot was loaded on board of the vessel and sent at the initial buyer’s address.
defended the interests of the Swiss trade company specialized in sunflower oil export from Ukraine. The transaction problems arose when the initial buyer failed to pay cargo cost to the full extent within the contract term. In order to avoid significant financial losses the sellers decided to declare buyers’ default, to cancel the sale and purchase contract and to sell the cargo to another buyer. For that purpose the vessel was bound to another port.
The initial buyer in its turn considered that the default was declared illegally and claimed for the sunflower oil supply at its address with the threat to arrest the vessel chartered by the seller.
On defending the seller’s interests lawyers of Interlegal could persuade the conflict parties in unlawfulness of vessel arrest. Then the buyer objected its claims, the cargo was successfully delivered to the second buyer and the vessel left the port.
The Client of Interlegal evaluated the work, ‘We thank you for invaluable help in this matter’.
Mr. Dmitriy Zagorodnyuk, the lawyer of Interlegal, settled the claim under the general control of Mr. Artem Skorobogatov, the associate partner.
- Interlegal lawyers represent successfully the Client’s interests upon bankruptcy case proceedings2020.10.15
Interlegal Client found out that its Debtor initiated independently bankruptcy case proceedings. Interlegal lawyers got involved upon expiry...show more
- Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days2020.10.06
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the...show more
- Lawfulness of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone2020.10.01
The Client filed a request to Interlegal concerning law regulations of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone. Interlegal law team...show more
- Shareholder Agreement for new business setup2020.09.30
The Client filed a request to Interlegal for legal support in business setup jointly with his new partner. Main task for Interlegal team...show more
- Debt recovery under LMAA award. Act III: final stage2020.09.28
We are glad to inform that Interlegal team has completed proceedings on debt recovery from the vessel owner who failed to refund to our Clie...show more
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town Court of Do...show more