Сharging payment for ice-breaking services
Ice-breaking services are treated as special services rendered at the sea port and are governed by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 405 dd. 03.06.2013 “On approval of the List of special services rendered at the sea port by natural monopoly entities, governed at the state level”. The cost of ice-breaking services shall be calculated on the grounds of vessel’s capacity in cubic meters, as per the Order of the Ministry of Infrastructure No. 1059 dd. 26.12.2013 “On approval of the Tariffs for ice-breaking services”. Payment shall be accrued for the period of the announced ice campaign for the following services:
- services regarding securing safe entry, leave, maneuvering, mooring, shifting and movement of vessels within the sea port water area for the period of the announced ice campaign;
- ice-breaker assistance for vessels (convoys of vessels).
The agricultural product trader, acting as the vessel charterer, applied to Interlegal due to charging payment for services provided in respect of safe vessel leave during the call to one of the Ukrainian sea ports in winter 2017.
During the work upon the case, Interlegal experts analyzed the principal aspects of charging payment for rendering special services. According to the law, an official announcement of ice campaign at the sea port and the fact of rendering such services shall be taken into consideration.
On the grounds of analysis, Interlegal lawyer, Ekaterina Gadetskaya under general supervision of the partner, Natalya Myroshnychenko, provided a legal opinion to the Client which stated conclusions on lawfulness of charging payment and the current risks for the vessel due to non-payment for such services, jointly with recommendations for the Client in respect of further actions.
- Interlegal lawyers recognized the German court decision at Darnitskiy District Court in Kiev2020.01.15
A foreign transport company filed a request to Interlegal on recognition of the German court decision in their favour. The Debtor – Ukrai...show more
- Interlegal Ukrainian and Romanian offices completed successfully the2019.12.18
Previously, the Client – leading insurance company specialized in risk insurance during cargo transportation applied to Interlegal for damag...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon income taxation2019.12.17
The client applied to Interlegal upon explaining procedure of taxation on income received by non-resident under the Agreement on arranging t...show more
- Interlegal, jointly with Georgian office, drafted legal opinion upon lawfulness of customs office actions2019.11.29
The Client, Georgian freight forwarder, applied to Interlegal upon analyzing lawfulness of customs office and customs warehouse actions aime...show more
- Interlegal lawyers drafted for the Client agreement on yacht charter management2019.11.28
A client filed a request to Interlegal upon documentation required for yacht chartering. The Client planned to conclude agreement on yacht c...show more
- Interlegal lawyers defended interests of German transport companies in three court proceedings simultaneously2019.11.13
Interlegal lawyers applied to Kozelets District Court in Chernigov Region on recognizing several German court decisions on damage and intere...show more
- Interlegal consulted IT-company upon specifications for applying NDA in Ukraine2019.11.06
A foreign company engaged in AI, Big Data, IoT, software installation and maintenance, applied to Interlegal. The company planned to expand...show more
- Interlegal lawyers won the LCIA Arbitration case amounting to 660 thousand USD2019.11.06
The Ukrainian grain supplier engaged in large-scale international business applied to Interlegal for debt recovery from the Buyer (British C...show more
- Interlegal acted as creditor’s legal adviser in the dispute against PJSC “Ukrzaliznytsia”2019.10.31
Interlegal lawyers facilitated evidence base aimed to confirm the large transport and forwarding company’s claims against PJSC “Ukrzaliznyts...show more
- Interlegal won one more case in favour of thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH2019.10.28
Interlegal applied to Kramatorsk City Court in Donetsk Region on recognizing ICAC at the UCCI Award on debt recovery from the Ukrainian comp...show more