Tailor-made voyage Charter Party for a large charterer
The large metal product exporter and charterer requested Interlegal to draft the tailor-made bilingual voyage Charter Party based on the standard form COAL-OREVOY 2016 with consideration of geographical and climatic peculiarities of the loading port (one of the Baltic Sea ports), cargo peculiarities and charterer’s interests.
In the process of order performance, Interlegal lawyer Ekaterina Gadetskaya, under general supervision of the associated partner Natalya Myroshnychenko, analyzed the existing risks for the charterer in the course of performance of the voyage Charter Party and drafted the relevant provisions of the Charter Party in order to minimize the detected risks. In particular, they reviewed the lien on cargo clause in order to limit the shipowner’s right on cargo lien.
Special attention was drawn to the vessel and crew compliance both with requirements of international conventions and ITF regulations and regulations applicable at the loading port.
As the result, apart from tailor-made bilingual voyage Charter Party, the Client obtained practical recommendations concerning conclusion and performance of the Charter Party, issuing, transferring and presentation of Bills of Lading, practice of applying the clause “1 of 3 Bills of Lading on board” and other questions arisen by the Client.
- Mediation: Interlegal lawyers settled the dispute under the Ship Repair Contract2020.06.25
The Client – foreign shipowner applied to Interlegal for dispute settlement due to its indebtedness under the Ship Repair Contract. COVID...show more
- Interlegal yachting lawyers supported insurance event upon recovery of 60,000 EUR2020.06.25
Interlegal regular client declared on insurance event concerning tender insured by our partners – Marine Services Group at one of the larges...show more
- Interlegal facilitated defense of freight forwarder’s interests against container line2020.06.22
Freight forwarder applied to Interlegal due to cargo damage that occurred during carriage by sea. Freight forwarder, on behalf of its cli...show more
- Interlegal settled the dispute upon non-payment for the goods by large Chinese importer2020.06.18
Interlegal succeeded in pretrial dispute settlement. The Client, engaged in pine timber export to China, applied for defense of its rights a...show more
- Interlegal lawyers supported 4 deals in fleet sale & purchase2020.06.17
Pandemic is not an obstacle for vessel sale & purchase! Despite COVID-19 epidemic and quarantine restrictions, spring 2020 was full of d...show more
- Interlegal is still representing Odessa in Best Lawyers rating2020.06.12
Interlegal partners Arthur Nitsevych and Artem Skorobogatov confirmed their positions in four nominations of the popular rating Best Lawyers...show more
- Interlegal succeeded in closing ten loans2020.06.10
The Client filed a request to Interlegal upon legal assistance in support of closing ten loans. Interlegal team had two tasks: 1. To min...show more
- Work flow chart upon declaration of dividends2020.06.01
The Client applied to Interlegal upon tax issue. As the Ukrainian citizen and resident, the Client received dividends from the foreign compa...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon applying the instrument of agrarian receipts2020.05.20
The Client – large foreign investment fund filed a request to Interlegal regarding mechanisms upon securing fulfillment of the Debtor’s obli...show more
- Interlegal drafted new combined service agreement on cargo handling2020.05.18
The Client – large Ukrainian sea port operator engaged, in particular, in rendering services of export & import operations, as well as l...show more