The Seller received payment for goods in containers and reimbursed losses due to active work of Interlegal lawyers
The Client, foreign trader, applied to Interlegal due to non-payment of the supplied container batch of grain on CFR terms/Vietnamese port.
Foreign trade Contract provided payment for goods against submission of the original documents to Bank of the Buyer, Vietnamese importer. Within the supply period, the goods were loaded on board of the booked vessel in full. Under the shipment results, the Seller collected the agreed set of documents and sent them to the Buyer’s Bank for payment. The Buyer accepted the set of documents without any remarks, but the amount was unpaid within the terms stipulated by the Contract.
The goods were delivered to the port of destination, discharged to the container terminal but stored there over free time prescribed by the line, followed by demurrage accrual.
The Seller required the Buyer for several times to make payment under the Contract and to accept the supplied goods, but the Buyer ignored the Seller’s requests. The Seller faced a difficult situation when, apart from unpaid amount for the supplied goods, they had to bear also additional costs for container idle stay.
Containers stayed idle at the port of discharge for over a month when the Seller applied to Interlegal.
Having obtained a request and assessed the current situation, Interlegal experts drafted a legal opinion, prepared promptly the claim against the Buyer and stated the Seller’s intention to declare the Buyer in default.
Due to active work of Interlegal lawyers, the Buyer made full payment for the supplied goods and bore additional costs at the port of discharge. The goods were accepted without any further delay.
- Interlegal lawyers recognized the German court decision at Darnitskiy District Court in Kiev2020.01.15
A foreign transport company filed a request to Interlegal on recognition of the German court decision in their favour. The Debtor – Ukrai...show more
- Interlegal Ukrainian and Romanian offices completed successfully the2019.12.18
Previously, the Client – leading insurance company specialized in risk insurance during cargo transportation applied to Interlegal for damag...show more
- Interlegal lawyers consulted the client upon income taxation2019.12.17
The client applied to Interlegal upon explaining procedure of taxation on income received by non-resident under the Agreement on arranging t...show more
- Interlegal, jointly with Georgian office, drafted legal opinion upon lawfulness of customs office actions2019.11.29
The Client, Georgian freight forwarder, applied to Interlegal upon analyzing lawfulness of customs office and customs warehouse actions aime...show more
- Interlegal lawyers drafted for the Client agreement on yacht charter management2019.11.28
A client filed a request to Interlegal upon documentation required for yacht chartering. The Client planned to conclude agreement on yacht c...show more
- Interlegal lawyers defended interests of German transport companies in three court proceedings simultaneously2019.11.13
Interlegal lawyers applied to Kozelets District Court in Chernigov Region on recognizing several German court decisions on damage and intere...show more
- Interlegal consulted IT-company upon specifications for applying NDA in Ukraine2019.11.06
A foreign company engaged in AI, Big Data, IoT, software installation and maintenance, applied to Interlegal. The company planned to expand...show more
- Interlegal lawyers won the LCIA Arbitration case amounting to 660 thousand USD2019.11.06
The Ukrainian grain supplier engaged in large-scale international business applied to Interlegal for debt recovery from the Buyer (British C...show more
- Interlegal acted as creditor’s legal adviser in the dispute against PJSC “Ukrzaliznytsia”2019.10.31
Interlegal lawyers facilitated evidence base aimed to confirm the large transport and forwarding company’s claims against PJSC “Ukrzaliznyts...show more
- Interlegal won one more case in favour of thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH2019.10.28
Interlegal applied to Kramatorsk City Court in Donetsk Region on recognizing ICAC at the UCCI Award on debt recovery from the Ukrainian comp...show more