The Seller received payment for goods in containers and reimbursed losses due to active work of Interlegal lawyers
The Client, foreign trader, applied to Interlegal due to non-payment of the supplied container batch of grain on CFR terms/Vietnamese port.
Foreign trade Contract provided payment for goods against submission of the original documents to Bank of the Buyer, Vietnamese importer. Within the supply period, the goods were loaded on board of the booked vessel in full. Under the shipment results, the Seller collected the agreed set of documents and sent them to the Buyer’s Bank for payment. The Buyer accepted the set of documents without any remarks, but the amount was unpaid within the terms stipulated by the Contract.
The goods were delivered to the port of destination, discharged to the container terminal but stored there over free time prescribed by the line, followed by demurrage accrual.
The Seller required the Buyer for several times to make payment under the Contract and to accept the supplied goods, but the Buyer ignored the Seller’s requests. The Seller faced a difficult situation when, apart from unpaid amount for the supplied goods, they had to bear also additional costs for container idle stay.
Containers stayed idle at the port of discharge for over a month when the Seller applied to Interlegal.
Having obtained a request and assessed the current situation, Interlegal experts drafted a legal opinion, prepared promptly the claim against the Buyer and stated the Seller’s intention to declare the Buyer in default.
Due to active work of Interlegal lawyers, the Buyer made full payment for the supplied goods and bore additional costs at the port of discharge. The goods were accepted without any further delay.
- Interlegal lawyers represent successfully the Client’s interests upon bankruptcy case proceedings2020.10.15
Interlegal Client found out that its Debtor initiated independently bankruptcy case proceedings. Interlegal lawyers got involved upon expiry...show more
- Mission possible: to release vessel with cargo on board within 3 days2020.10.06
In high-peak trading season, each trader is focused on fulfilling its obligations as the counteragent, having completely forgotten that the...show more
- Lawfulness of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone2020.10.01
The Client filed a request to Interlegal concerning law regulations of bunkering operations outside the 12-mile zone. Interlegal law team...show more
- Shareholder Agreement for new business setup2020.09.30
The Client filed a request to Interlegal for legal support in business setup jointly with his new partner. Main task for Interlegal team...show more
- Debt recovery under LMAA award. Act III: final stage2020.09.28
We are glad to inform that Interlegal team has completed proceedings on debt recovery from the vessel owner who failed to refund to our Clie...show more
- Interlegal team won GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for goods by the Swiss company2020.09.28
Interlegal completed successfully GAFTA Arbitration under the dispute concerning short-payment for corn supplied on DAP terms, Chernomorsk S...show more
- Interlegal lawyers succeeded in dispute settlement between the Shipowner and the Charterer2020.09.03
The Client applied to Interlegal upon the issue of shipowner’s potential bringing to responsibility for non-performance of the Charter Party...show more
- Interlegal won the court dispute against large state-owned stevedore2020.09.08
The Client – port operator – applied to Interlegal for due diligence of one of state-owned stevedores. Such due dil...show more
- Discharge of cargo residues and washwater: instruments of legal defense for Interlegal client2020.09.04
Since the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” (USPA), jointly with other governmental bodies (such as the State Borde...show more
- Interlegal defended interests of “thyssenkrupp Materials Trading GmbH” in Court of Appeal of Donetsk2020.09.03
Recently, in Court of Appeal of Donetsk there was a hearing of a case concerning an appeal against the ruling of Kramatorsk Town Court of Do...show more